Recipe: Plant Based Nachos
The Ultimate Plant Based Nachos
These plant-based nachos don't just look good. They taste even better. Packed with good-for-you ingredients and flavor to savor.
Perfect for entertaining at home and game days with friends and family.
Recipe Created by: Jamie Mok, MS, RD, RYT
Simple, Plant-Based Ingredients
- 1 c raw cashews
- 3/4 c non-dairy mylk (preferably one with neutral flavor)
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 large lemon)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 jalapeño (if you like an extra kick)
- Pulp Pantry Pulp Chips (Sea Salt and Jalapeño Lime are perfect for these nachos!)
Additional topping ideas (optional!): cooked black beans, salsa, guacamole, shredded cabbage, chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeño, lime wedge.
- Place cashews in a sealable container, then pour enough water to cover all the cashews and let them soak overnight.* If you don't have time to keep the cashews over night, you can cover cashews with hot water. The more time they can soak, the better!
- Strain the water from the cashews and put into a high-speed blender/vitamix once they're soaked and soft.
- Add in 1/2 c non dairy milk, and set the rest aside for later.
- Then add in nutritional yeast, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and all the spices. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- If opting to add jalapeño, then thinly slice and set some aside for garnish.
- Warm a small sauce pan over medium heat. Lightly coat pan with olive oil and add in sliced jalapeños. Add in cheese sauce and simmer for 5 mins on low.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of non dairy milk at a time until you achieve your desired consistency.
* I’ve found that the longer the cashews soak, the better it blends smooth.
The Final Step: Nacho Assembly!
Here's where your inner food artist really can shine.
- To build the nachos, lay the first layer of Pulp Chips on a large serving plate.
- Then layer on cheese sauce, black beans, salsa, guacamole, and shredded cabbage.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeño, squeeze of lime!
About Pulp Pantry
Pulp Pantry turns overlooked resources like upcycled vegetable juice pulp into wholesome everyday snacks that make it convenient and delicious to eat more servings of vegetables and fiber. Pair them with dips, top them on your salad, or dig in as an afternoon snack. A delicious, satisfying, crunchy, nutritious snack for every day (hello extra veggies, and fiber).
With 4 to 5g fiber & prebiotics in each serving, Pulp Chips the best go-to snack to satisfy cravings and hunger.
Try all of our four delicious flavors: Barbecue, Jalapeño Lime, Classic Sea Salt, Salt n' Vinegar.
Haven't tried yet? Grab a coupon to try all of our delicious flavors now.