The Ultimate Plant Based Nachos
Finally, an earth friendly nacho recipe you can feel good about! Packed with veg and flavor to savor. Recipe Created by: Jamie Mok, MS, RD, RYT
- 1 c raw cashews
- 3/4 c Malibu Mylk
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 large lemon)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 jalapeño (if you like an extra kick)
- Pulp Pantry Pulp Chips (Sea Salt and Jalapeño Lime are perfect for these nachos!)
Additional toppings: cooked black beans, salsa, guacamole, shredded cabbage, chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeño, lime wedge
- Place cashews in a sealable container, then pour enough water to cover all the cashews and let them soak overnight.
- The next day, strain the water from the cashews and put into a high-speed blender/vitamix.
- Add in 1/2 c Malibu Mylk, and set the rest aside for later.
- Then add in nutritional yeast, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and all the spices. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- If opting to add jalapeño, then thinly slice and set some aside for garnish.
- Warm a small sauce pan over medium heat. Lightly coat pan with olive oil and add in sliced jalapeños. Add in cheese sauce and simmer for 5 mins on low.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of Malibu Mylk at a time until you achieve your desired consistency.
- To build the nachos, lay the first layer of Pulp Chips on a large serving plate. Then layer on cheese sauce, black beans, salsa, guacamole, and shredded cabbage. Garnish with chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeño, squeeze of lime!
* I’ve found that the longer the cashews soak, the better it blends smooth.