Dairy-free, no problem. We've got the details for a delicious vegan spinach artichoke dip that you won't want to miss out on. Thanks to our girl Jamie Koll from Girls Who Eat for sharing the ultimate game-day dip recipe.
Suggested pairing: Sea Salt Pulp Chips!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip (dairy free, gluten free, sugar free)
Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces artichokes, chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 ¼ cups cashews (soaked overnight)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ cups nut milk (I used cashew)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cups cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse artichokes (they typically come in preserved water) and chop them into smaller pieces.
- In a skillet, heat up the oil and saute onions until they brown, stirring frequently. Add in garlic for 1 minute, then add chopped artichokes and spinach and cook until spinach wilts.
- Turn the heat off. In a high speed blender or food process, blend cashews, nutritional yeast, nut milk, and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Add mixture into skillet and use a spatula to even out.
- Sprinkle ⅛ cup of vegan parm on top of the mixture (optional). To make the vegan parm,l add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until it becomes small pieces like parm.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and ENJOY!
See the full founder interview with Girls Who Eat's Jamie Koll below: