Veganuary Recipe of the Week: Upcycled Carrot Top Pesto Hummus
Are you ready to elevate your snacking experience during Veganuary? We've got the perfect recipe that not only satisfies your taste buds but also contributes to a sustainable lifestyle. Introducing our Upcycled Carrot Top Pesto Hummus – a unique dip that combines the earthy flavor of carrot tops with the creamy goodness of hummus. Get ready for a refreshing and nutritious snack that pairs perfectly with our Pulp Chips, the ultimate upcycled veggie chips. Let's dive into the details!
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh carrot tops, washed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast for added flavor
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, fresh carrot tops, minced garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. For the perfect consistency, add a bit more olive oil if the mixture is too thick.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary. If you're craving a cheesy flavor, add nutritional yeast and blend again for an extra layer of deliciousness.
- Once your upcycled carrot top hummus reaches the desired consistency and taste, transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and garnish with additional chopped carrot tops for a visually appealing presentation.
- It's time to enjoy! Serve this delightful dip with our Pulp Chips – the ideal companion for a guilt-free and flavorful snacking experience.
By choosing this Upcycled Carrot Top Pesto Hummus recipe, you not only treat yourself to a tasty delight but also contribute to the movement of reducing food waste.
Make your Veganuary memorable with this innovative and sustainable snack. Get ready to be the top-searched item for both veggie chips and upcycled foods – your taste buds and the planet will thank you!