A Recipe Made with Love
- 1 Pulp Pantry red velvet baking mix NOTE: This product has been discontinued for the time being, but keep an eye out - it might reappear!
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp + 5 Tbsp water)
- 3/4-1 cup Almond milk + 3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar (Try Made with Love Wellness Co.'s organic almond "mylk")
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 5 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil OR butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and lien 11 muffin tins. Add vinegar to almond milk. Stir and let curdle while moving onto the next step.
- In a large mixing bowl, add water to ground flax and let rest for 5 minutes. Add baking soda to the almond milk viegar mixture and stir. It should fizz.
- Add sugar, maple syrup, and almond milk mixture to the flax egg and beat to combine. Add melted coconut oil, salt, and mix.
- Add flour mix and beat to combine. If the batter appears too thick, add a touch more almond milk, but it should be perfect. If too thin, add a little more gluten-free flour blend. It should resemble a thin batter that's pourable.
Now we bake!
Divide batter evenly between muffin tins (should be enough for 11), filling 3/4 full. Bake for 29-34 minutes, or until puffy, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let rest in the tin for 10-15 minutes then remove and let cool COMPLETELY on a cooling rack. We know, it's hard! We suggest Frost'd vegan frosting to top it off.