If you've never triend Baba Ganoush before, you're in luck. Jamie Koll teamed up with us to share how she makes this delicious, smooth, creamy rendition of Baba Ganoush completely dairy-free at home.
May we recommend pairing this dreamy dip with Sea Salt Pulp Chips? Yum.
Smoky Eggplant Baba Ganoush (vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, nut free)
2 small eggplants, roasted and charred
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp tahini
1 garlic clove
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp pomegranate syrup
za'atar to top
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the eggplant in half, make slits on the skin with a knife. Sprinkle salt all over the skin and brush with olive oil, then place on the parchment paper skin side up. Cook eggplant for 40-45 minutes or until flesh is soft and tender.
- If you are only using your oven, once eggplant is cooked, broil on high for 3-4 minutes.If you are using your gas stove, remove the eggplant from the oven and light one burner. Place the skin side of the eggplant onto the gas and cook until skin blackens and you start to smell a smoky flavor. Do this for all four halves.
- Remove eggplant from the stove, let it cool, then scoop out the flesh.
- Place all dip ingredients and eggplant flash into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place dip into a bowl, sprinkle with za’atar (optional), and ENJOY!
See the full founder interview with Girls Who Eat's Jamie Koll below: