Substitute your almond or nut pulp in place of your typical pesto base, for a healthy boost for your favorite pasta dish or snack.
- 2 sprigs (about 4 oz) of fresh basil (more if you like your pesto super basil-y, you can use a whole store-bought container or bundle)
- Olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 cups almond pulp (I dehydrated mine beforehand, but works with wet almonds as well and may require less oil)
How to make it:
- Use a food processor or small blender
- Chop up the basil and garlic in the food processor first
- Add in the nutritional yeast and lemon juice from one lemon, followed by olive oil to achieve the right blending consistency
- Pulse or process until ingredients are mixed thorughout
- Enjoy! I use the pesto as a dip, but it's always good to add on top of pasta or zucchini noodles, salads, you name it.
Visit our blog for more delicious recipes.